Sea magick spell components
In additional to the obvious sea shells, there are a variety of spell components which are traditionally associated with the sea and its creatures. Such things were once carried by sailors and seafarers when they boarded their ships. These spell components would prove useful in casting sea magick spells.
Please refrain from using any purchased dried animals such as turtles or sea horses in magickal workings. Most of these animals were killed expressly to be offered for sale. Using them (or even just buying them) would be very bad karma, so don’t do it. If enough people refuse to buy these travesties, they will no longer be hunted to the brink of extinction and offered for sale.
- Aquamarine: Protection while traveling over water.
- Ash (wood): Protection against drowning.
- Beryl: Protection against storms at sea.
- Bladderwrack: Protection at sea.
- Coral (especially red coral): Protection against shipwreck.
- Driftwood: Protection against drowning.
- Fish hooks: Atttainment of one’s goal.
- Fish scales/bones: Attunement with the element of Water.
- Fishing net: Trapping evil influences.
- Pearls: Rejection of illness.
- Pumice: Protection against drowning.
- Sand (beach): Grounding.
- Sand dollar: Balance.
- Sea glass: Acceptance of change.
- Sea salt: Banishing of evil influences; purification.
- Sea urchin spines: Protection against evil influences.
- Shark teeth: Increased alertness to dangers in the water.
- Ti leaf: Protection against drowning.